- 2 of 5 stars to All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr goodreads.com/review/show?id… 6 months ago
- 2 of 5 stars to All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr goodreads.com/review/show/11… 6 months ago
- I read Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann goodreads.com/review/show/12… 6 months ago
- @AdamsonIacovone No but I want to see them all! 12 months ago
- Friends Who Checked Out Early #1. dorianthornley.com/2014/12/04/fri… http://t.co/2KDDpzw04P 12 months ago
- aging alter ego amazon amazon bookshelf authors bad writing betty blue Bike bike laws biology teacher blu ray book culture books bookstores charity crap jobs cycling dangerous cyclists dirty jobs Doppelganger doubles dreams dr seuss e-books edward gorey e readers fear freaking out french cinema getting around headgear i-pods i-tunes insanity irrational fears Jean-Hugues Anglade Jean-Jacques Beineix Kindle krebs cycle LPs madness manhattan bikes mistaken identity movies music new records new york nooks novels NYC pathologies platforms prada publishing pubslush reading record sales retail return of vinyl school biology scuba shopping sinking slush pile terror towels as hats trending vinyl sales tron used bookstores used records used record stores vinyl records water wix lounge writing
Author Archives: dorian thornley
Billy Nimble was a fat contract cleaner. I don’t mean he’d show up at your crime scene with a vat of acid and a hacksaw no, he’d come to your place of business and get his bucket and little Hoover … Continue reading
NPR article. “Five major publishers were accused of colluding with one another and Apple.” http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/07/11/201042249/book-news-evidence-overwhelming-in-apple-price-fixing-case
In the run up to Christmas 2011, in a moment of weakness and against my better judgement, I opened my checkbook and actually Gave To Charity. I fell for it because it was a children’s charity. My thinking is that … Continue reading
Apple, publishers agree to settle EU e-book price-fixing inquiry.
Great article on Amazon & Publishing. Steve Wasserman May 29, 2012 | This article appeared in the June 18, 2012 edition of The Nation. The Amazon Effect | The Nation.
We all have that one irrational thing that just scares the living crap out of us. Or that one irritant that gives us the keebles so bad, we’d do anything to get away from it. Winston Smith was petrified of … Continue reading
I moved into my new place in Washington Heights a few years back. The building on the next block, facing Broadway, is one of those massive, featureless apartment buildings with permanent scaffolding all around and a heavy rotation of store fronts. On the corner there … Continue reading